Sometimes Instagram users are having issues with Instagram not working properly. And there could be a number of reasons why. Thus, it should be worthwhile to look at some of the reasons why is Instagram not working.
Why Is My Instagram Not Working
- Your internet might be slow or not working properly. To make sure, you can open up your browser and see if it loads a webpage. If not, please go to your phone’s settings and see if you are connected to a wifi or your mobile data is on.
- After a new update, the Instagram app might have unnoticed bugs which can easily crash the app. Thus, even if you close the app and open it again, it might not work properly. This is an especially common cause of why Instagram not working on Android devices.
- Instagram may have released a new update for its app. Therefore, if you are using a phone or a tablet, please make sure to check you have the latest version of Instagram using the Play Store or Apple Store.
- Instagram servers might be down or malfunctioning.
Why Is My Instagram Not Loading
The most common reason is the internet connection. If you have a slow internet connection, then it would take some time for Instagram to load the content. On the other hand, if you don’t have an internet connection, the content wouldn’t be loading at all. In that regard, if you are using wifi, please check your internet speed or if you are using your mobile data, please check whether you have a strong signal. Lastly, please make sure your phone’s mobile hotspot is turned off since you can’t use wifi or mobile data otherwise.
How to Fix The Instagram App
There isn’t one solid answer on how you can fix the Instagram app. Thus, we will need to explain a few different methods that might just do the trick.
- Make sure your internet connection is working properly as we mentioned before.
- Check if there is a new update for the Instagram app via the Google Play Store or the Apple Store.
- Restart the Instagram app by closing and opening it again.
- Reinstall the Instagram app. To do this, tap on the Instagram app icon and hold until you see a delete option or a delete icon. Then, go to the Google Play Store or App Store and search for Instagram. Lastly, select on the Instagram app and download it.
- Restart your phone by holding the power button until you see a pop-up and then select the restart option.
If none of these solutions are working for you, then it is most likely that the problem is not occurring from your end. In this case, please check whether Instagram servers are not down using other social media platforms and Google search. If the Instagram servers are down however, there isn’t much you can do but wait.