In this post, we are explaining how to unblock someone on Facebook and answer questions like ‘What changes if you do so?’ (And of course other important stuff about unblocking on Facebook.)
How To Unblock A Friend On Facebook
- Open your browser and go to Facebook’s website.
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Click on the inverted triangle icon next to the question mark icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- When you see a dropdown menu, click on ‘Settings’.
- Click on ‘Blocking’ at the left side of your screen. In the ‘Blocked Users’ section, you will see the name of each person you have blocked so far.
- Click on ‘Unblock’ button to the right of someone’s name.
- Select the ‘Confirm’ option when prompted.
How Can I See My Blocked List On Facebook Mobile
- Open the Facebook app.
- Login to your account.
- Go to your Facebook settings.
- Scroll down and tap on ‘Settings’.
- Scroll down again and tap on ‘Account Settings’.
- Tap on ‘Blocking’ to see a list of people you have blocked in the ‘Blocked Users’ section.
- Tap on the ‘Unblock’ button next to the person’s name.
- When prompted, tap on the ‘Unblock’ button gain.
What Happens When You Unblock Someone On Facebook
So what happens when you unblock someone? Well, when you unblock someone, he/she can:
- See your Facebook profile and other related information that you share with the public.
- See your posts on your timeline that you share with the public,
- Add you as a friend or invite you to events and groups,
- Tag you or start a chat conversation with you.
However, the person that you unblocked won’t automatically become your friend on Facebook. If you want to become friends with this person on Facebook again, you will need to send him/her a friend request.
Please note that if you unblock someone, you won’t be able to re-block the same person for two days.
Can Someone Tell If You Unblock Them On Facebook
Facebook won’t inform anyone about the unblock so the answer seems like ‘No’ at first sight. However, the answer can be ‘Yes!’ in the long term since he/she might eventually notice it. For example, after the unblocking, he/she will be able to find and access your profile, comment on your posts and photos that you share with the public. Furthermore, Facebook may prompt this person by showing up your name under ‘People You May Know’. (This is a common case especially if you have mutual friends.)